Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Feeling Blue Today

I must say that for some reason I'm feeling blue today. I have felt this way for a few days, actually. It might have to do with my leaving my old life behind me; at least that's what my therapist says! I think that's part of it but also I saw some very old friends of mine on Sunday. I hadn't seen them since 1970s and they were old then!

They're actually the parents of my very first girlfriend and they were very good to me. I have fond memories of Eddy working on his car, mowing his lawn, and talking all the time he was working. He was always up for a good joke and pulled plenty too! Bertha was very reserved but nice. She loved to laugh too at Eddy's jokes. My girlfriend and I loved each other very much but something happened when we went into high school and I still don't know what. Of course, now she has early dementia and hardly remembers me. I saw her on Sunday too. I wonder if she's hiding what she remembers about us behind the dementia or she really doesn't remember. I guess I'll never know. None of them know I'm transgender but I'll have to tell them as time goes on especially if I keep in touch which I'm planning on doing.

That's it for now...
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment